My Book Journal

Short reviews of all the books I read, rated out of four.

Monday, May 11, 2009

INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE (Anne Rice) - May 11/09

Oh, the humanity. I started this one last fall and I just finished it this afternoon. Quite possibly the worst book I've ever read, Interview with the Vampire is filled with seemingly endless paragraphs that are bogged down with some of the most ridiculously flowery descriptions I've ever read. There's no plot here! It's just an endless series of descriptions. It got to the point where I was only vaguely aware of what I was reading, as my eyes would glaze over entire pages. And although there were admittedly a couple of fairly decent segments - Louis is buried alive, Louis avenges the death of two friends by burning an entire building full of vampires, etc - the book is predominantly a pretentious, unreadable piece of work that's almost entirely devoid of positive attributes. Seriously, how did Anne Rice think any of this was entertaining? And where does she get off wasting my time like this? Good lord. no stars out of ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home