My Book Journal

Short reviews of all the books I read, rated out of four.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

PYGMY (Chuck Palahniuk) - July 12/09

Oh, Chuck. Your continued need to experiment and shock the reader has gone too far this time. Pygmy is flat-out unreadable. I made it up to page 21 before I realized that I was literally getting nothing out of the experience. I figured I'd finish it just for completists sake, but my eyes were glazing over whole paragraphs - as the narrative is virtually impossible to follow thanks to Chuck's use of broken English. I mean, it makes sense if you really concentrate and think about each sentence much longer than you ordinarily would, but why would I do this? I read books for the same reason I watch movies and television shows: for entertainment. Grow up, Chuck. No rating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home