My Book Journal

Short reviews of all the books I read, rated out of four.

Saturday, April 03, 2010

PUPPY CHOW IS BETTER THAN PROZAC (Bruce Goldstein) - April 3/10

Okay, so even though the book improved immensely as it went along, this doesn't excuse the fact that the first half is just about intolerable. I suppose Goldstein wrote this portion of the book while suffering from the effects of his bipolar disease, but it doesn't excuse the fact that it's about the worst-written stuff I've ever seen. It's what I imagine in would look like if Tim ever wrote a book. But as the book progressed and Ozzy entered Goldstein's life, I admit that I was kind of drawn into his story and the way that people flocked to him because of the dog (although if I had to read "look at the puppeeee" one more time, I think I would've screamed). Otherwise, you can't help but read this stuff and think that Goldstein should just man up and get on with things. *1/2 out of ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home