My Book Journal

Short reviews of all the books I read, rated out of four.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

SARAH'S KEY (Tatiana De Rosnay) - February 17/11

Though it took me a while to get used to the two timelines - it seemed like just as I was getting into the story, it'd switch to the other timeline - Sarah's Key eventually established itself as a surprisingly gripping little book. The stuff involving the past turns out to be rather limited, though there are several highlights during this portion (ie Sarah hides from Nazis in a sack of potatoes). And though the book seems to peter out a little towards the end - it's hard to really care about Julia's move to NYC - Sarah's Key nevertheless features a number of surprisingly touching interludes and stands as one of the more readable books I've tackled in a while. ***1/2 out of ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home