My Book Journal

Short reviews of all the books I read, rated out of four.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

SIMULACRON-3 (Daniel F. Galouye) - June 11/11

I can see why this book is considered a landmark in the world of science fiction, as it certainly seems to have inspired everything from The Matrix to Avatar. But I just found it impossible to wholeheartedly get into the consistently confusing storyline, as Galouye immediately plunges the viewer into this off-kilter world without offering up much by way of explanation. The author also offers up page after page of relentless descriptions of scientific stuff that seemed utterly meaningless to me, and although the book did improve in its final stretch, I did find myself glazing over whole paragraphs and just racing to get through this thing. *1/2 out of ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home