My Book Journal

Short reviews of all the books I read, rated out of four.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

SOPHIE'S CHOICE (William Styron) - June 17/17

Well this was certainly nothing like what I was expecting. This basically feels like one of the longest books I've ever read and though I was annoyed at parts, I was never entirely bored either. It's so well written, which helps. But good lord are there a lot of digressions. It seems like it's mainly about the main character and his friendship with Sophie and Nathan, but Styron delivers all kinds of narrative left turns. It really does go on and on. And I also thought it was weird how Sophie's Choice is super quick in the book (maybe a page or two) AND her choice is revealed many pages earlier. Weird book but I'm glad I read it. **1/2 out of ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home