My Book Journal

Short reviews of all the books I read, rated out of four.

Tuesday, October 09, 2018

I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SCREAM (Harlan Ellison) - October 9/18

I'm a little on the fence with this one. On the one hand, I really like Ellison's style; the dude was clearly very talented, and his prose doesn't really remind me of much else I've read (like I suppose it's similar to Hubert Selby Jr and Jim Carroll but it's probably slightly better). The stories are very uneven, to be sure; the one about the sentient slot machine was interesting, and the title story is quite grim, but there are a few in between that don't really make the impact Ellison was probably striving for. Still, I'm intrigued and will check out further works from Ellison. **1/2 out of ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home